Information Technology has been my passion for over twenty years. I discovered my desire for instructing in 2003, when I had the opportunity to manage, develop and instruct workshops for Pennsylvania’s Technology Literacy Initiative. In less than a year, these workshops were used to educate over 1,300 K-12 teachers. For the next sixteen years, I worked full-time in the IT field. Specifically, I specialize in enterprise architecture with a focus on infrastructure (compute, storage, & networking), business continuity, disaster recovery and information security.
My extensive field experience includes:
· Customer facing roles at innovative technology focused organizations; Microsoft and VMware
· Designing and globally advancing cloud (IaaS/PaaS) and server virtualization technologies at a fortune 500 global life sciences corporation; Bayer
· Leading cloud security operations for a $3.5 billion retail business; American Eagle Outfitters
· Non-profit IT experience; Pittsburgh Technology Council and Catalyst Connection
I have always enjoyed sharing this real-world experience in the classroom, so I have made it a priority to instruct at the collegiate level over the last ten years.
My goal is to set up my students for success post-graduation. Therefore, I ensure students not only have an opportunity to develop a strong theoretical foundation of the course material, but upon completion of a course, have developed a skillset which is valued within the information technology field / community. This valued skillset includes the ability to perform technical tasks, demonstrate critical thinking, and effectively collaborate with others to solve problems efficiently.
Courses I teach:
|Hardware Operating Systems||Networking||Information Security|
|Advanced Information Security||Systems Administration||Graphic Design|
If you are interested in learning more about computer information systems, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education & Training
- MS - Systems Engineering - Regis University
- BS - Information Science and Technology - Penn State University
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Level
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)