Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society’s 22nd Pitt-Johnstown induction ceremony is Saturday April 6 in Whalley Chapel, Saturday, at 1 p.m.
Phi Kappa Phi recognizes juniors and seniors with the highest academic achievement and other qualities of excellence.
The honor society invites students from the top 10 percent of the senior class and the top 7.5 percent of the junior class – up to a total of 10 percent of the baccalaureate degrees we granted last year.
This year’s 26 honorees, and their home towns, are:
- Hayley E. Caretti , Civil Engineering, Loretto PA, Cambria County
- Emily M. Chesner , Management, Meshoppen PA, Wyoming County
- Hannah Conklin, Early Childhood Education, Friedens PA, Somerset County
- Sheree D. Elgin, Biology, Indiana PA, Indiana County
- Brianna L. Facciani, English Literature, Summerhill PA, Cambria County
- Korrin B. Fox, Chemical Engineering, Douglassville PA, Berks County
- Jaidyn A. Fronzaglio, Nursing, Charleroi PA, Washington County
- Zoey Gailey, Early Childhood Education, Northern Cambria PA, Cambria County
- Mikayla K. Hagerty, Pre-Education, Boswell PA, Somerset County
- Chase T. Kiser, Computer Science, Cairnbrook PA, Somerset County
- JohnMichael T. Knepp, Nursing, Martinsburg PA, Blair County
- Hunter J. Kovaloski, Political Science/Sociology, Johnstown PA, Cambria County
- Madison N. Kriak, Political Science, Johnstown PA, Cambria County
- Becca A. LaBar, Psychology, Johnstown PA, Cambria County
- Megan I. Law, Accounting/Information Systems, Somerset PA, Somerset County
- Kimberly M. Mabon, Mathematics/Computer Science, Cairnbrook PA, Somerset County
- Michael Manges, Political Science/Geography, Central City PA, Somerset County
- Hannah D. Miller, Early Childhood Education, Osterburg PA, Bedford County
- Rachel Rogevich, Management/Accounting, Oxford PA, Chester County
- Halee J. Sesock , Environmental Studies/Geography, Armagh PA, Indiana County
- Karissa Shomo, Mechanical Engineering, Seward PA, Westmoreland County
- Patrick W. Troy, Political Science/History, Lancaster PA, Lancaster County
- Richard R. Wagner, Environmental Studies/Geography, Johnstown PA, Johnstown County
- Yi Xie, Mathematics, Hangzhou, China
- Samantha Yamrose, Writing/Humanities, South Fork PA, Cambria County
- Christian G. Yoder, Civil Engineering, Jerome PA, Somerset County
The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown was founded in 1927 and is the first and largest regional campus of the University of Pittsburgh. Pitt-Johnstown is recognized by the Princeton Review as a “Best in the Northeast” college, by G.I. Jobs as a “Military Friendly School,” and by Pennsylvania Business Central as a "Top 100 Organization.” The distinctive combination of Pitt-Johnstown’s people, programs, and place results in exceptional performance in preparing students for career and professional success. Pitt-Johnstown is the regional leader, educating for success in the Real World.