Take College Classes, Earn Credits While Still in High School
The Mountain Cat Dual-Enrollment Experience is designed for accelerated high school students who wish to enroll in one or more courses at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown.
The program is available to students who have completed the junior year of high school. However, in cases where the application is appropriately supported, students who are high school juniors may also be approved.
The Academic Experience
- Engage in the actual college classroom experience
- Receive course advice from the Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Registration can be completed during your advising visit
- Credits earned for each course taken in the Mountain Cat Dual-Enrollment Program are accepted for transfer at essentially all colleges and universities, contingent upon the grade obtained and the institutions' credit transfer policies
- Students who choose to apply to Pitt-Johnstown for regular admission may roll over their dual enrollment application materials
- Choose from introductory courses specially selected from college offerings in Pitt-Johnstown's Humanities, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences divisions
Outside of the Classroom
- Take advantage of free computer software
- Get discounts on athletic events or performance tickets
- Gain admission to the Pitt-Johnstown Sports Center, Zamias Aquatic Center, and the Wellness Center
- Start a Mountain Cat Cash account which enables funds to be added to your student ID card for on campus purchases at the book center and dining facilities.
3 Easy Steps to Apply
- Download and complete the Mountain Cat Dual Enrollment Application »
- Ask your high school guidance counselor to complete the Secondary School Approval Form and attach your high school transcripts
- Send the completed application, Secondary Approval Form, and transcript to:
University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Office of Admissions
157 Blackington Hall
Johnstown, PA 15904