COVID-19: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Pitt-Johnstown continues to monitor the outbreak of COVID19 (novel coronavirus). Consistent with the University of Pittsburgh’s steps to help prevent the further spread of the virus, the Pitt-Johnstown Office of Admissions will be postponing all in-person admission events until further notice.
The Office of Admissions and Financial Aid continues to be open for business virtually and will be responding and corresponding via email, text, and social/digital media channels.
When you're ready to deposit, you can do so anytime by visiting: Commit to UPJ. We will also let you know about virtual tour opportunities in communications to come.
We will be here for you throughout this process. Please send your questions or concerns to our Admissions email@example.com or call 1-855-LIKE-UPJ.
- Pitt-Johnstown Admissions Welcome Center offers campus visits Mondays through Fridays at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- These visits consist of an approximately one-hour walking tour of campus led by one of our knowledgeable student tour guides as well as a one-on-one meeting with an Admissions Counselor.
- You will also be able to spend time with an admissions counselor who can answer your questions.
- To schedule your visit, please contact the Admissions Welcome Center at 814-269-7050.
Interviews are informal meetings between an Admissions Counselor and a prospective student and family. These meetings are designed as a way for the families to ask questions and gather information about Pitt-Johnstown.
Typical topics include:
- Application Process and Timeline
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Major Selection
- Campus Activities
- Campus Environment
- Classroom Experience
You'll be able to get answers to the questions that are important to you. We also encourage you to take notes to help remember the information.
Guided Campus Tours
Seeing the college first-hand is what the campus visit is all about. You'll benefit from the insight of dedicated student tour guides.
These are current Pitt-Johnstown students who direct prospective students and their families around campus. These students live here, eat here, go to class here, and are very often the best source of campus information.
A typical campus tour will:
- Usually include 2 or 3 families
- Be a walking tour of campus
- Take about one hour to complete
- Walk through all academic buildings
- Point out student service offices
- Take the families inside a freshman residence hall
- Point out other housing options
- Provide an informal forum for asking questions
For those wanting “just a look” at our beautiful campus, this option is for you! One of our student guides will take you on a full walking small group tour of campus and, after returning, you will receive a Pitt-Johnstown information packet to take home. To schedule a tour, please contact the Admissions Welcome Center at 814-269-7050.
Receive an instant decision on your admission to Pitt-Johnstown on the day of your visit! Just bring your high school transcript (including senior year class schedule), a copy of your SAT and/or ACT scores, and complete an application in the office. It’s that simple!