International Student and Housing Incentive Scholarships
The International Student and Housing Incentive Scholarships are awarded to non-immigrant students in recognition of solid academic performance and to alleviate the financial demands of an international education. The scholarships can be renewed on an annual basis for a total of four years.
President's and Leadership Scholarships
The President's Scholars Program is a merit-based academic enrichment program designed to promote scholarships throughout the college experience.
The Leadership Program is a merit-based scholarship program for academically excellent students who have displayed leadership abilities in secondary school and show promise of continuing their leadership traits in college.
Application and Award Process
All applicants who are admitted to Pitt-Johnstown are automatically reviewed for scholarship eligibility. Early application for admission is encouraged. No additional paperwork is necessary. The award process is based on the number of eligible applicants and the amount of available scholarship funds.
Other Funding Sources
Below is a list of resources that international students may wish to pursue. These funding options are non-University-related. You may click on the links below for additional information.
- Rotary International – This organization provides some limited international student scholarships.
- The Soros Foundations Network – This foundation offers international student scholarships for study at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Many are restricted to students from specific countries.
- American Councils for International Education – The councils provide international student grants and fellowships to international students from the former Soviet republics.
- AMIDEAST – This organization provides grants for international students from the Middle East and North Africa.
- Institute for International Education – The institute publishes a book titled Funding for U.S. Study: A Guide for Citizens of Other Nations that provides information on hundreds of grants and international student scholarships offered by governments, foundations, and international organizations.
- International Student Loans – This site provides information about loans to international students, as long as the international student loan is co-signed by an American citizen.