Freshmen international student applicants must submit all materials as well as a completed Certification of Financial Resources and application for admission. Note that this is process for students who have recently finished or are about to finish secondary education (high school) and have not completed any university level studies.
For more information, please refer to the International Applicant Frequently Asked Questions guide.
Either of the following may be used as documentation of financial support from other sources:
1) A signed and dated University of Pittsburgh CFR form, completed by you or a personal/family source(s) of financial support and supporting documentation, such as a bank statement.
2) An official letter of financial support from a sponsoring agency such as a ministry providing financial support for your studies at the University of Pittsburgh. A sponsor letter must state the amount of money in U.S. dollars that will be provided per year—or that full tuition support is provided and that an additional amount will be provided for your living expenses.
To ensure proper and efficient processing of your application, please note:
1. Use your full legal name on all documents. It is extremely important that you use your full legal name, exactly as it appears on your passport, when completing your application. We will not be able to issue the necessary immigration documents if the name you provide on your application is different from your name as it appears on your passport. Be sure to write this same full legal name on all of your application materials (application fee, test scores, Financial Verification Form, academic records, etc.).
2. Do not list a post office box as your permanent foreign address. In order for us to issue your I-20 form, the permanent home address listed on your application for admission must be a foreign physical address. When completing your application, be sure to provide a foreign street address (not a P.O. Box) as your permanent home address.
3. Avoid submitting unnecessary materials. The items listed in the Basic Application Procedures and the category for which you'll apply, are all that is needed to review your application. Please do not send unnecessary supporting documents or items such as photographs, recordings, writing samples, awards or commendations, etc., unless requested. If you would like us to know about a relevent activity, talent or award, please include that information in your personal statement.
4. Use the correct mailing address. Send all materials to:
University of Pittsburgh - International Admissions
4227 Fifth Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15260