Chronic and/or systemic illnesses are considered to be in the medical domain. Because of that, the documentation must be completed by a physician, neurologist, physiatrist, or other medical specialist with experience or expertise in the domain for which he/she is diagnosing. Comprehensive documentation must be submitted that includes:
1. A clear statement of the existence of a medically determinable chronic illness or systemic illness;
2. A written report of:
3. A description of the condition's current functional impact on learning or other major life activity relevant to the academic experience;
4. A statement addressing the individual's requested accommodation(s), including rationale as to why these accommodation(s) are warranted;
* Any request for an extension of time on examinations, based on the impairment, should be supported by evidence that reflects a measurable decline in pre-morbid functioning.
5. A statement regarding how the use of medication or other rehabilitative measures may or may not mitigate either the illness or the symptoms associated.