Build your professional brand online.
LinkedIn is your opportunity to reach up to 350 million professionals, including peers, recruiters, and future employers. It's a great sounding board for your thoughts and big ideas, and a chance to showcase your knowledge, insights and experiences.
What to Write
- Write what you know: Draw from your life experiences, whether it's in the classroom, an extracurricular activity or your internship.
- Make the most of assignments: Publish your essays, research or other assignments
- Condiser the headlines: Use the news as a conversation starter or a way to connect it back to your own area of study or interest
- Upload an appropriate photo
- Write an informative profile headline
- Don't cut corners on the summary statement
- Be smart about your experience
- Complete additional profile selections tailored to career starters
- Build a strong network so it's there when you need it
- Claim your unique LinkedIn URL
- Show, don't just tell: share your work
- Use keywords in adding skills you can be endorsed for - and get a few recommendations
- Review content on LinkedIn
Quick Tip Sheets
Student Profile Checklist
Building Your Professional Brand
Finding a Job or Internship