Delayed Aid Distribution
Anticipated financial aid funds are not disbursed by the Office of Financial Aid until 10 days prior to the start of classes. Make sure that you have enough funding to cover the cost of your tuition. If you need information on requesting additional funding, visit Available Aid.
Delays in posting financial aid may be due to:
- The Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Exam are required by the Department of Education prior to borrowed funds being released to your account.
- Stafford Loan Funds: Students visit www.studentloans.gov and log in using your information and complete both the MPN and the Entrance Exam
- Perkins Loan: Complete your Master Promissory Note at www.ecsi.net/promw2
- Parent PLUS Loan: Parents visit www.studentloans.gov and log in and complete the Master Promissory Note for the Parent PLUS Loan
- The Federal Verification process is a way for the U.S. Department of Education to ensure accurate reporting of information on the FAFSA. Each year, a portion of the student population is randomly selected by the Department of Education for verification. It is very important that you return the requested documentation to us quickly and accurately. Please refer to your “To Do List” in the Student Center of my.pitt.edu. If you are selected, we are required by the Department of Education to collect the following:
- Tax Return Transcript for both student and parent (if student is dependent) or spouse (if independent). This information can be requested by visiting www.irs.gov. We do not require the Tax Return Transcript if you utilized the Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA and have not made any changes.
- W2 forms for both student and parent (if student is dependent) or spouse (if independent) for the base year. For example, in the 2015-2016 academic year we require the 2014 W2 form.
- Verification Worksheet