16. Buy Books
At the Pitt-Johnstown Book Center, you have the ability to either buy or rent new and/or used books as well as buying an eTextBook (if available).
- Books can be purchased in the Book Center or online >
Reservations for the Fall term begin after June 15. Reservations for the Spring term begin in mid-November.
We suggest that you read and understand the Book Return Policy before placing a reservation.
The Business Office offers Bookstore Authorizations to students anticipating a refund from excess financial aid.
Here's how it works:
- Bookstore Authorizations will be issued up to the amount of the expected refund. Students should find the prices of their books prior to visiting the Business Office if they would like to get the authorization for the exact amount of their purchase. Prices can be found here.
- A charge will be posted to the students PittPAY account for the authorized amount
- Authorization forms should then be taken to the bookstore where it will be accepted as payment
- After add/drop student accounts will be adjusted to actual amounts spent
- File FAFSA Form
- Pay Tuition Deposit
- Activate Your Pitt Computer Account
- Health Forms
- Visit Campus
- Submit AP Test Scores
- College in High School
- Submit a Final Transcript
- Choose a Meal Plan
- Take Placement Exam
- Photo ID
- Thinking of Changing Your Major?
- Attend Academic Planning Days
- Complete Your Scheduling and Advising Module
- Pay Your Balance
- Buy Books
- Software and Computer
- Start Classes
- Get Help
- Get Involved