Mehdei Kafaeikivi, PhD
Professor Kafaeikivi has been a member of the Pitt-Johnstown faculty since August 2015.
- Instructor - Kent State University, College of Architecture and Environmental Design
- Teaching Assistant - The University of Akron, Department of Civil Engineering
- Instructor - Amirkabir University of Technology
- Instructor - Azad University - Iran
- Ista Mohasebe Pars Construction Company – Senior Structural Engineer
- Namvaran Consulting Engineers - Structural Designer
- Parsab Consulting Engineers, Structural Consultants – Structural Designer
- PhD in Structural Engineering – University of Akron - May 2015
- Master of Science in Earthquake Engineering- Amirkabir University of Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering – Isfahan University of Technology
- Member of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member of Iranian Society of Civil Engineers
- Professor Kafaeikivi is the co-author of several publications.
Office: 224 Engineering & Science Building
- Kafaeikivi M, Roke D, Huang Q. (2016). ”Seismic performance assessment of self-centering dual systems with different configurations”. Structures, Vol. 5: pp 88-100. doi:10.1016/j.istruc.2015.09.004.
- Kafaeikivi M, Roke D, Huang Q. (2013). ”Seismic performance assessment of dual systems combining conventional and self-centering concentrically-braced frames.” In: Deodatis G, Ellingwood BR, Frangopol DM, editors. Safety, reliability, risk and life-cycle performance of structures and infrastructures. London: Taylor & Francis Group; 2013. p. 4177–84.
- Kafaeikivi M, Khoshnoudian F. (2011). “Evaluation of Proposed Lateral Load Pattern for Estimating Seismic Demands on RC-Tall Buildings with Shear Walls in Pushover Analysis”. Advances in Structural Engineering, Vol. 14(6): pp 1017-1029. doi: 10.1260/1369-4322.214.171.1247.
- Kafaeikivi M, Roke D, Huang Q. (2015). ”Cost-Benefit Evaluation of self-centering dual systems with different configurations”. Structural Engineering. In preparation.