Shannon Lynn Isovitsch Parks, PE, PhD
Professor Parks joined the Civil Engineering Division of Pitt-Johnstown September, 2016.
Alcoa Technical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 2014-2016
Senior Project Leader
- Lead environmental engineering research and development programs with focus on commercialization, including finding innovative beneficial reuse opportunities for industrial by-products and wetlands based wastewater treatment systems.
- Drove organizational effectiveness among Chief Technology Officer leadership team; develop efficient processes to ensure full coordination and integration of all Alcoa Technical Center initiatives.
- Management of research and development group focused on sustainable water, air, and solid waste management and treatment practices, 07/2011 to 03/2013.
- Research and development of sustainable water management and treatment practices, such as constructed wetlands and natural media filtration, 08/2008 to 07/2011.
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA from 08/2004 to 08/2008
- Research and Teaching Assistant.
Hatch Mott MacDonald, Pittsurgh, PA 08/2000 to 07/2005
- Engineering investigation, analysis and design related to stormwater control and environmental permitting of coal mines, storm and sanitary sewers, waste water treatment plants, and bike/hike trails 08/2000 to 07/2005.
United States Peace Corp, Mali, West Africa
Water Sanitation Engineer
- Community education, construction, and repair related to wells, latrines, water treatment, and proper sanitation 08/1999 to 07/2000
Dewberry & Davis, Fairfax, VA, 08/1997 to 07/01/1999
- Engineering review, revision, and reporting of hydrologic and hydraulic models for National Floor Insurance Program.
Ph.D. Civil and Environmental Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 2008
Master's Degree Civil and Environmental Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 2005
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 1997
Registered Professional Engineer, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Office: 208 Engineering & Science Building