Pitt-Johnstown Business Marketing
Pitt-Johnstown marketing students choose to be involved in the Marketing Management Association (MMA), a fun, informal group open to all majors. Membership is open to any student in the Pitt-Johnstown community interested in the field of marketing. Typical association activities include:
- Mixers among students and real-world local marketing professionals, many of whom are Pitt-Johnstown graduates. These mixers allow student to talk informally with faculty and professionals in the field, and to ask questions or seek advice about potential careers.
- Field trips to marketing-oriented firms in the region to get a hands-on look at how marketing is used in the real world.
- Members perform service to the community by connecting with area seniors and our veterans.
- Students build their personal brand through LinkedIn profile development.
- Informal social gatherings in which students can relax and swap stories about their Marketing classes and aspirations for the future. In the past year, the MMA has sponsored fireside parties at the historic Pitt-Johnstown Log Cabin.
Contact group advisor Skip Glenn, 814-269-2967.
Another Business Student Organization
In addition to the MMA, many marketing students also belong to the Nu Phi Chapter of Alpha Kappa Psi at Pitt-Johnstown. This national business fraternity is academic in nature, and is open to all business majors. Marketing majors have found that membership in Alpha Kappa Psi is an excellent way to socialize and network with students in other business concentrations.