- Highly talented faculty of dedicated teachers and productive scholars facilitate the success of highly motivated and ambitious students in an up-close-and-personal learning environment.
- Caring and dedicated staff enhance a supportive living-learning environment, offering personalized assistance to facilitate success from admission to graduation.
- More than 20,000 alumni, as well as an enthusiastic community of donors and well-wishers, constitute a vital network facilitating the success of our students and graduates, making meaningful contributions to our world.
- Productive partnerships with area businesses foster economic development, create real world learning opportunities, and build relationships with future employers.
- Extensive faculty-staff community involvement fosters positive town/gown relationships and generates goodwill for our students and job seekers.
- Pitt-quality education with world-class standards of academic excellence appreciated by employers and recognized by top graduate schools alike.
- Highly sought after baccalaureate programs all grounded on liberal education with intense real world focus including engineering, nursing, justice administration & criminology, pre-medical professions, education, business and management information systems….
- Practical real world focused-learning experiences including mentored projects, guided internships, capstones and undergraduate research projects that link theory to practical applications.
- A unique collegiate experience through our signature RealWorld Action Program, which actively supports Career and Professional Development as well as Campus, Civic, and Global Engagement.
- Nearly 100 clubs and organizations as well as varied activities enrich the collegiate environment.
- NCAA Division II school boasting 15 competitive sports in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC), and great intramural opportunities.
- Nationally recognized for supporting veterans’ transition and success.
- National recognitions for high levels of student engagement as illustrated in national surveys and commendations.
- Maximizing affordability and access through a broad range of scholarships, grants, work-study and other financial aid.
- A picturesque residential campus environment nestled in the Laurel Highlands with many state-of-the-art facilities that support excellence in learning and contribute to student success and learning inside and outside the classroom.
- A friendly campus where you will make many friends with a wide range of interests, backgrounds and pursuits.
- A safe place to live, learn, and play, away from the rough and tumble of larger and more metropolitan campuses.
- The Spirit of the Mountain Cat is everywhere…. This you have to discover and experience yourself! Visit us to find out about Mountain Cat Spirit.
- Key academic outcomes such as retention, student success rates, graduation rates, and readiness for the real world compare favorably and even outperform many top notch colleges and universities.
- Intensive career and job placement initiatives facilitate progress from admission to graduation, with focused guidance intended to help students find jobs and succeed in a competitive workplace in their career of choice. High placement rates in very good jobs!
- An exceptional Pitt-quality education comparable to quality private colleges...a great value!