Housing Application Process
This process is available starting May 1, 2013.
Please read all of the information below before beginning the process.
RMS StudentWeb is the online housing system, accessible through my.pitt.edu.
1. Log into the My.Pitt.Edu (For best results, use Internet Explorer.)
- Please Note the Following Recommended System Requirements:
- If you are using a personal computer, the recommended browser is Internet Explorer. Google Chrome, Mozilla, and Firefox web browsers are not compatible browsers for this process
- This site uses pop-ups. Before logging in, please configure your browser or pop-up blocker software to allow for pop-ups from this specific site. Add *.pitt.edu to your Pop-up Blocker settings
2. After logging in successfully, click on MY RESOURCES and choose HOUSING E-SERVICES.
3. Once at the Housing E-Services community, click on UPJ HOUSING ONLINE SERVICES (STUDENTWEB).
4. Housing Deposit - Payment of your $150 Housing Deposit is required at this time. You will be redirected to Pitt-Pay at this time to submit your deposit. Do not pay your deposit by going directly to PITT-Pay. Use the housing online services link to access the online payment option. You may pay via credit card or e-check according to the Pitt-Pay service options. If you have questions or concerns about this step, please contact Housing and Residence Life.
Once you have successfully paid the deposit, you must click the APPLY PAYMENT button to be redirected back to the Housing Contract. If you simply close the window, the housing system will not be updated correctly.
- PLEASE ONLY PAY THE DEPOSIT ONCE. IF YOU ARE PROMPTED TO PAY THE DEPOSIT A SECOND TIME, PLEASE CONTACT HOUSING AND RESIDENCE LIFE.
- You may also pay your housing deposit in person or over the phone with the Pitt-Johnstown Business Office. The Business Office is located in 125 Blackington Hall. The Business Office Phone number is 814-269-7040. Deposits paid at the Business Office will not update to the Housing system immediately. The student will need to wait one business day to proceed with the following steps. Students who pay through the Business Office will be directed to the Housing Contract after clicking HOUSING ONLINE SERVICES in step 3 above.
5. Housing Contract - Read and agree to the terms and conditions for the Housing/Dining Services contract.
6. Meningitis Question – Each student will need to indicate whether they have received the meningitis vaccine. PA law requires all students to either receive a vaccine or seek exemption from the vaccine. Answering this question fulfills this requirement. (Returning students will not need to answer this question again.)
7. Complete the online application by clicking the Housing Application menu option, then the Submit a Housing Application option. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete.
- You may return at a later date to edit your preferences by clicking the appropriate option in the Housing Application menu (only available after you have submitted an application).
Your application is not complete until you receive a confirmation message that your application has been accepted. You can check to make sure the application was received by clicking the Review Application option. If successful, you should see an Application Received date.
If you have a specific roommate in mind, please indicate that student on your housing application. You will need the Student ID number of your intended roommate. In turn, your roommate must note your name on his/her application.
Only mutual roommate requests will be considered. Every effort will be made to grant roommate requests received before July 1. Roommate requests are granted based upon room availability.
Housing Assignment Notification
Once an application is submitted, it will be processed, and an assignment will be made. Housing assignments will be communicated to students in early August, either by letter or to the student's PITT email account.
If the Office of Housing and Residence Life should need to contact you regarding your housing application or to collect additional information, communication will be through your PITT email, or your home phone number as indicted on your student record or housing application.
RealWorld Interest Groups
Pitt-Johnstown is excited to offer you the opportunity to participate in an initiative only available to on-campus First-Year students. As part of the over-arching RealWorld Action Program, First-Year students will have the opportunity to live in a RealWorld Interest Group. This initiative is designed specifically for First-Year residential students. Through this program First-Year students with shared interests may choose to be housed together in one of our First-Year Residence Halls. For more specific information regarding this program, including detailed descriptions of each of the ten RealWorld Interest Groups, please review the enclosed brochure. Students who wish to participate will select a RealWorld Interest Group through the Online Housing Application process.
Questions regarding the RealWorld Interest Groups should be directed to Student Life, 814-269-7065.
Students under 18 years of age
Students who are under 18 will be able to being the online process by paying the housing deposit, but will need to have a parent or legal guardian sign the Housing Contract and Meningitis Vaccine Form before they can complete the online housing application. These completed forms should be return to Housign and Residene Life. Once these forms have been received, the student will be notified when he or she can go online and complete the application (starting with step 7 above).
Additional Resources and Information