The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown offers a positive learning atmosphere and a record of student success. Pitt-Johnstown was founded in 1927, and is the first and largest regional campus of the University of Pittsburgh.
The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown:
- Offers a supportive living-learning environment that is grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, is current, and is responsive to both our students’ personal and professional needs, and to our communities’ needs.
Pitt-Johnstown’s excellence is reflected by the accomplishments of students, faculty, and staff, the record of achievements of more than 20,500 alumni, the satisfaction of area employers, and the commendations of many external organizations.
- Founded in 1927
- President: Dr. Jem Spectar
- Student enrollment: 3,000 (approximately)
- SAT Average: 1,040
- Graduation Rate: 55%*
(Student Right To Know)
- Faculty: 253 (full-/part-time)
- Staff: 246 (full-/part-time)
- Average Class Size: 25
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 17-1
- Undergraduate Majors: 48
- NCAA Division II and PSAC Athletic Teams: 15
- Student Organizations: 100
- Alumni: 20,500
- Number of buildings: 36
- Total acreage: 655
- Mascot: Mountain Cat
- Did you know ...?
*2005 cohort; national six-year graduation rate=55.2% (National Center for Education Statistics)