IMPORTANT: Your browser must allow pop-ups to complete the following processes. You must either disable your pop-up blocker or add *.pitt.edu to your pop-up blocker settings.
Please read all of the information below before beginning the process. RMS StudentWeb is the online housing system, accessible through my.pitt.edu.
Online Room Selection Schedule
At this time, the only available rooms are in the Liiving Learning Center and some individual lodge rooms.
Online room selection for these facilities has been extended until Tuesday, April 15 at noon.
Students will still need to sign up with a roommate. Both students will have need to have completed the housing deposit and housing application prior to selecting a room online.
The access to online room selection will be open to all current studnts, regardless of terms in residence. The tiered schedule is no longer in effect.
Terms in Residence
Each term that a student lives on campus, he or she receives a term in residence point. Summer terms do not count toward this total. For example, a student who has lived on campus for his freshman and sophomore year would have 4 terms in residence (1 point each for fall and spring of his freshman and sophomore years).
The online room selection process limits access by the cumulative terms in residence for the group processor.
Students may check their terms in residence in StudentWeb, by clicking on the Application Number menu option. The application number and terms in residence will be displayed.
The required terms in residence applies to the group processor for each roommate group, and is the individual number of the processor not a group total. Once the group processor has started the Online Room Selection process, he or she can pull in roommates with different terms in residence (including a lesser number than the required).
Terms in residence numbers will be updated each day at 9am each weekday. Applications submitted after 9am will not be updated until the next weekday. NOTE: The terms in residence number is not automatically updated when the student completes the housing application.
In order to be assigned the correct terms in residence, students should complete the housing application at least one business day prior to online room selection.
Allow Browser Pop-Up Windows
If your browser window closes immediately after answering the meningitis question, prohibiting you from continuing into RMS StudentWeb to complete the housing application, please make sure you follow this fix.
FIX: Please use Internet Explorer. You will need to add "*.pitt.edu" to the list of allowed sites for pop-ups in your Pop-Up Blocker settings. In Internet Explorer, this setting is found in the Tools menu, click on Internet Options and select the Privacy tab.
Overloading a Space (Tripling)
- Students may choose to overload a housing assignment (except for Willow Hall and Foxfire Lodge) by one additional roommate in each housing type, but cannot go below the required number of roommates.
- No rebate or discount will apply to students who choose to voluntarily overload a housing assignment.
- Students who choose to overload a housing assignment will share the current internet ports. No additional internet port will be installed in the room to accommodate the additional student(s). For example, if a group of students decides to triple a room in the LLC, the three students would share the two current internet ports.
- To add a third person to a room, please visit the Office of Housing and Residence Life after the room has been secured online. Additional students cannot be added online.
- Students who apply after Re-Contracting has completed on April 10, stand a greater chance to be tripled through the room assignment process.
CPA Shuttle Schedule
- As a courtesy, the University runs a shuttle between Blackington Hall, College Park Apartments, and Richland Town Centre. Shuttle Details
- If interested in applying for CPA, students are encouraged to be mindful of this schedule and the impact it may have on their daily routine.