University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Pitt-Johnstown Seal

Transfer Credit Equivalencies

This information is meant to be a GENERAL guide for students in planning appropriate courses for transfer to the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown.  The University recommends that a student refer to major requirements in conjunction with this transfer information.

Courses will be evaluated for transfer ONLY after a student has completed an application for admission and has provided Pitt-Johnstown with an "official" transcript from their previous institution.  Therefore, in order to have your materials evaluated, submit a copy of your transcript with a course description of all courses to the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Registrar's Office 279 Blackington Hall Johnstown, PA 15904.

The following pages contain alphabetical listings for two and four year schools with courses that will transfer to Pitt-Johnstown.  The left side columns list the subject, course number, title and credits for the transferring school.  On the right side you will find Pitt-Johnstown's equivalent subject, course number, title and transfer credits.

Please note:  You will notice that sometimes "non-equivalent" transfer credit is awarded (ENGLIT 0000 for example).  This means that the coursework transfers, but not as a specific Pitt-Johnstown course.  Non-Equivalent course credits may be used toward graduation as free electives or to fulfill appropriate general education courses with approval from the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. 

These listings are NOT all inclusive, if a college or course is not listed, transfer equivalencies may not have been established.

Last Reviewed: March 1, 2007