The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown is committed to creating an inclusive internal environment, incorporating the key recommendations of the Inclusive Community Task Force. More quality students, faculty and staff will reflect the richness of our pluralistic society, including more historically underrepresented persons. We strive to achieve broader levels of intercultural engagement and deeper respect for our common humanity. Through the efforts of the Office of Equity and Inclusion, our goal is to enrich living-learning environment, adding luster to institutional distinctiveness and taking us closer to fulfilling America’s promise.
To achieve this mission, the Office of Equity and Inclusion will:
- Monitor compliance with pertinent federal and state regulations to promote equal opportunity in recruitment and employment.
- Serve as Ombudsperson to receive and respond to allegations of discrimination and discriminatory harassment.
- Advise administrators on appropriate employee recruitment protocols consistent with pertinent federal and state laws, and serve as resource for recruitment and searches.
- Advocate for comprehensive efforts to promote a more inclusive and welcoming campus.
- Serve as informational resources, including through the facilitation of workshops as appropriate.
- Work with the Director of Intercultural Affairs to develop appropriate cultural programming to foster an environment of respect and civility, and to safeguard the dignity of all consistent with the strategic plan and recommendations of the Inclusive Community Task Force.
- Serve as the President’s liaison to intercultural campus groups
- Spearhead efforts aimed at creating a more inclusive community and enhanced campus environment marked by respect, safety, well being, and dignity of all persons.
- Serve as liaison to University of Pittsburgh Office of Affirmative Action.
Nondiscrimination Policy Statement
The University of Pittsburgh, as an educational institution and as an employer, values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Accordingly, the University prohibits and will not engage in discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or a veteran of the Vietnam era. Further, the University will continue to take affirmative steps to support and advance these values consistent with the University's mission. This policy applies to admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs and activities. This is a commitment made by the University and is in accordance with federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations.
For information on University equal opportunity and affirmative action programs and complaint/grievance procedures, please contact: Ms. Laura Perry-Thompson, Senior Officer for Equity and Inclusion; 114 Blackington Hall, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown; Johnstown, PA 15904; Telephone: 814-269-7070; E-mail: email@example.com.
Submit a Care Network Report
A Care Report is used to provide information to Student Affairs staff regarding concerns that you may have for a member of the University Community. These concerns include, but are not limited to, affirmative action, disability, emotional, harassment, health, housing, and judicial. You have the option to remain anonymous, if you wish. Please click on the link above to submit a Care Report. If you require assistance completing this form, please stop by any office within the Division of Student Affairs.