University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Pitt-Johnstown Seal

When and How to Apply for Graduation

Application for Graduation 

Graduation is not an automatic process.  Students who have 75 earned credits need to apply for graduation. The application for graduation may be downloaded from the link above or it can also be obtained from the Registrar's Office. The form must be turned in to the Registrar's Office. Upon review and final approval your degree is conferred and your diploma is ordered. All financial obligations to the University must be satisfied to receive your diploma.

NOTE:  The name on your Graduation Application must be identical to the way it appears on the University's student information system.  You will be required to provide legal documentation to change your name.  Acceptable documentation is a birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, formal order, or a passport.

Your diploma, along with a complimentary official transcript, will be mailed to you at no charge approximately four weeks after the end of your term of graduation.  These documents will be mailed to the address provided on your graduation application.  Please contact the Registrar's Office if this address changes.  Upon receipt please check your diploma and transcript carefully and immediately notify the Registrar's Office of any discrepancies.

Information on ordering additional copies of your official transcript can be found at Requesting Transcripts.

Contact the Registrar's Office if your anticipated graduation date changes.


Deadlines to Apply for Graduation 

 A $15.00 fee will be assessed for any application
 received after the deadline.


       Graduation Date

  Application must be received by:           

  April 2014    

September 16, 2013

June 2014  

September 16, 2013

  August 2014    

September 16, 2013 

December 2014

April 15, 2014 


Last Reviewed: November 1, 2007