Pitt-Johnstown is proud of its rich legacy of athletics excellence, which started more than 60 years ago. Today, as an NCAA Division II school with 15 teams, we are a member of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC), the largest one-state conference in the NCAA.
Academic Athletic Highlights:
- Dean’s List Student-Athletes: 83
- Student-Athletes with a 4.0: 8
- Average Student-Athlete GPA: 2.93
- Average Freshman Student-Athlete GPA: 2.91
- Student-Athlete Graduation Rate: 72%
- 13 student-athletes were recognized for their academic success
- 1 athlete achieved All-American Honors
- 8 athletes received All-Conference Honors
- Joanna Haupt was again named PSAC East Volleyball Coach of the Year
- Wrestling Coach and Athletics Director Pat Pecora has coached national champion teams and individuals. Pecora became the third-winningest wrestling coach in the history of the NCAA (all divisions) with 540 victories and the first NCAA Division II coach to reach 500 victories
Our student-athletes consistently rank among the highest in the PSAC for academic performance, and their commitment to service earned recognition among the top five schools in the entire NCAA Division II for fundraising on behalf of local and national non-profits.