1. Get to know your advisor. Initiate contact with your advisor early in the term and seek help on a regular basis when needed.
2. Prepare, in advance, for every meeting with your advisor. Bring to every meeting the necessary supporting materials such as Degree Progress Sheets (and, if registering, at least a tentative schedule of classes).
3. Maintain accurate and current academic records, such as copies of grade reports, add/drop transactions, major progress sheets, transfer credit evaluations, and correspondence from the beginning to the completion of your academic program.
4. Know the graduation requirements for your chosen program in order to monitor your progress toward the completion of your degree.
5. Become familiar with policies, procedures and requirements by using the University catalog, Student Handbook, Academic Calendar, Semester Course Schedule, and any department materials.
6. Become acquainted with University resources, such as:
Academic Assistance for Students
Advising for Undeclared Students