The Legacy Scholarship has been established by the Pitt-Johnstown Alumni Association to assist entering first-year students and to celebrate the important connection between alumni and their alma mater. The award amount is $1,500, non-renewable beyond the first semester. The recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by a review committee comprised of members of the Pitt-Johnstown Alumni Association board of directors.
- Applicant must be the son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, or sibling of a Pitt-Johnstown alumnus who is a current member of the Pitt-Johnstown Alumni Association.
- Applicant must be an incoming freshman who is a first-time college student with a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must submit a written essay answering the question: "Why have you chosen Pitt-Johnstown?".
- Applicant must be enrolled on a full-time basis (12 to 18 credits per semester) for the 2013 Fall Term.
- Students who receive the REB Commuter Scholarship are not eligible to receive the Legacy Scholarship.
Applicants must submit a completed Pitt-Johnstown Legacy Scholarship application along with a one-page essay that answers the question: "Why have you chosen Pitt-Johnstown?".
Application materials must be sent to:
Pitt-Johnstown Alumni Association
Legacy Scholarship Committee
272 Blackington Hall
Johnstown, PA 15904
The application deadline for the 2013-2014 academic year is May 15, 2013.