Assistant Professor of Marketing, beginning August 2012. This position is non-tenure-stream with an initial appointment of three years. Recurring three year contracts would be based upon positive performance evaluations. The teaching load is four courses (12 credits) per semester. There are three requirements:
1) PhD in Business or related field preferred, a master’s degree in Marketing or related field required
2) Teaching experience at the college level
3) Experience in managing the Marketing efforts of a “real world” organization
This position would be a part of the ten-person Business Department housed within the Division of Social Sciences. Applicants must be prepared to teach basic required courses including Principles of Marketing, Marketing Research, and Marketing Management. Applicants should also be prepared to teach upper level offerings such as International Marketing, Internet Marketing, and Consumer Behavior. It would also be preferred if candidates had an interest and willingness to develop courses that relate to small business and not-for-profit Marketing. Candidates will be evaluated upon their ability to:
1) Exhibit enthusiasm for, and proficiency in, teaching undergraduates
2) Demonstrate potential for research and professional development
3) Participate in service initiatives at the college, Johnstown community, and academic field level
The Department of Business offers four-year undergraduate degree programs with concentrations in accounting (financial accounting and managerial accounting tracks), finance, management (general and human resources tracks), information systems, and marketing.
To be considered for this position, candidates are invited to send a letter of application, current resume, copies of official undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and two current original letters of recommendation to:
Marketing Search Chair
Department of Business
University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Johnstown PA 15904
Review of applications will begin February 21, 2012.
The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown is an affirmative-action, equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minority candidates to apply.