University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Pitt-Johnstown Seal

Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  Why isn’t my $150 housing deposit deducted from my Fall eBill?                
A:   Housing deposits are deducted from the Spring eBill and the Tuition Deposit is deducted from the Fall eBill.

Q: I did not get a 1098-T form for my taxes.    
A: The University of Pittsburgh's 1098-T's are usually mailed the last week of January. You can either call 
     1-877-467-3821 (toll free) or go online to access your form at .

Q: How do I add money to my Pitt-Johnstown Mountain Cat Cash Account? 
A:  Contact the Business Office at (814)269-7040 or stop by the office at 125 Blackington Hall.

Q: I am expecting a Student refund, when will I receive my check?                             
A:  In accordance with federal regulations, the University cannot begin processing refunds until ten days before
      the official starting date of the term. Refunds cannot be mailed until funds are received and credited to your
      account. If you are signed up for Direct Deposit, your refund will be deposited into your account in 2 to 3 
      business days after your credit is processed. Otherwise, a refund check will be automatically generated and 
      sent to you at your home mailing address in 7 to 10 business days.

Q: I just got my refund check and I really don't need it. I would like to send it back to the lender.

A:  You can return the refund check to us along with a completed REQUEST TO RETURN LOAN FUNDS Letter.  
      This letter is required by your lender so that they can properly apply the funds to your outstanding loan.

Q: What do I do if my financial aid is not approved, or in verification, and my eBill is due? 
A: You may pay your entire eBill in full or you may enroll in the optional payment plan and pay monthly
     installments of your total balance to prevent late fees.

Q: I have been charged Non-PA tuition, but I think I qualify as a Pennsylvania resident. What should I do? 
A: Please contact the Registrar's Office at (814)269-7055.

Q: I would like to add/delete/change my Residence Hall status. Can I just make the changes on my eBill?

A: First, you must contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at (814) 269-7115 for any housing  changes. Upon receiving their approval, you may modify the charges on your eBill. You will not receive another   eBill before the due date.

Q: I would like to add/delete/change my my meal plan. Can I just make the changes on my eBill?
A: First, you must contact the Dining Services office at (814) 269-1900 for any meal plan changes. Upon 
    receiving their approval, you may modify the charges on your eBill. You will not receive another
    eBill before the due date.

Q: I have a private scholarship that does not appear as a deduction on my eBill. What should I do? 
A: If you have the scholarship check in your possession, endorse the check and mail it along with the 
    lower portion of your eBill and any additional payment due. If your scholarship agency requires a 
    billing statement from Pitt-Johnstown other than the eBill you received, enclose a letter from your 
    agency authorizing Pitt-Johnstown to bill the agency for payment. You may then deduct the amount 
    of the scholarship from what you owe.

Q: Is there a charge for an unpaid tuition balance? 
A: Yes. Unpaid balances will result in a penalty charge of $50.00 per month.

Q: Can I cash a personal check at the Business Office? 
A: Yes. Checks up to $25 can be cashed with a validated student ID card.

Q: What are the Business Office hours? 
A: The Business Office is open Monday thru Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.

Q: Where do I make a name or address change? 
A: Changes can be made with the Registrar's Office at (814) 269-7055, 132 Biddle Hall.  Students can 
    also update their addresses by logging into and following these links.enter>self service.

Q: What happens when a check is returned NSF from the bank? 
A: All NSF checks will result in a service charge of $25 per check and a financial hold will be placed on the
    account until the balance is paid with certified funds.

Q: Where do I get a form stating that I am a full-time student for health insurance purposes?
A:  All requests should be made with the Registrar's Office at (814) 269-7055.

Q: I haven't received my eBill, what do I do? 
A: Visit and log into PittPAY.



Q: My employer is reimbursing me for my class, what should I do with the eBill?
A: The student should pay the ebill by the due date, then reimbursement should be made to the student from 
     their employer.