The Healthy Campus Initiative is a University-wide wellness program designed to address health and wellness issues using a multi-dimensional, comprehensive and holistic approach. Resources, programs, and activities are available to empower our campus community to enhance its overall degree of wellness. To this end, the Initiative strives to:
- Create a positive approach to healthy living that promotes a pathway to optimal health and well-being.
- Reinforce, recognize, and affirm efforts to develop life-long healthy habits by focusing on achieving balance throughout all aspects of life and maximizing individual potential.
- Recognize that one’s educational experience is enhanced through core programs that promote the healthy development of one’s mind, body, and spirit.
- Empower each student to make safe and healthy choices through participation in programs that encourage personal development across the physical, social/emotional, and environmental aspects of life.
- Build awareness of positive action in maintaining personal wellness across one’s lifespan.