Join the growing number of your former classmates who are becoming members of the Alumni Association in record numbers. As a result of the commitment of our devoted alumni, the Alumni Association recently broke it's all-time high membership record...and now boasts more than 500 members. Help us reach our goal of 1,000! When you join the Alumni Association, you can enjoy the benefits of membership, while helping to make a difference at your alma mater! Your membership provides financial assistance for important projects including:
- alumni networking and outreach events,
- Homecoming, Pitt-Johnstown Athletics programs, the Zamias Aquatic Center, and the Pasquerilla Performing Arts Center,
- the Blue and Gold Society and
- the newly-established Student Alumni Association.
Your membership dues also support two Alumni Association Scholarships, including the NEW Legacy Scholarship (www.pitt-johnstown.pitt.edu/LegacyScholarship).
There is no better time to become a part of the momentum that is transforming your alma mater! Here is just a sampling of the accomplishments that demonstrate the great momentum and progress at Pitt-Johnstown:
- Pitt-Johnstown is one of the largest employers in our region, with nearly 500 employees on our 650-acre campus, and is a leading contributor to the region's educational, social, cultural, and economic development with an annual economic impact exceeding $65 million.
- We were recognized by the Princeton Review as a “Best Northeastern College.”
- We were named, for the third consecutive year, a "Military Friendly School" by G.I. Jobs.
- We were named for the third consecutive year, to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
- Pitt-Johnstown was named a "Top-100 Organization" by Pennsylvania Business Central.
- We have invested $2 million into the first-large-scale renovation of Biddle Hall, and an additional $750,000 in upgrades to residential facilities.
- We unveiled The Heroes Memorial, a first-of-its-kind memoral on any college campus in the country that pays tribute to victims of September 11 and the military men and women who have been killed in the line of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan (5,550 of whom were college age citizens).
- We have completed year two of a three-year faculty hiring initiative that will eventually result in the hiring of 50 full-time faculty to ensure that our students receive the highest quality education possible. Many of these positions are the result, in large part, of new and responsive programs being created in nursing, biochemistry, applied computer science, computer engineering technology, green chemistry, justice administration, energy and earth resources, special education, management information systems, and geographic information systems.
- YOU, our more than 19,500 alumni, are making a difference here in our communities and around the world in vital areas including medicine, engineering, law, education, research, government service, economic development, finance, and the arts.
Here is an ever-growing list of membership benefits:
- Adventure Island
- Busch Gardens
- Sea World
- Sesame Place
- Universal Studios® and Universal’s Islands of Adventure® theme parks
- Vacation packages booked through Universal Parks and Resorts Vacations® Fan Club
- Water Country USA
- Comfort Inn
- Comfort Suites
- Econo Lodge
- MainStay Suites
- Rodeway Inn
- Sleep Inn
Additional Discounts in Partnership with the Pitt Alumni Association:
Apparel & Gifts:
- Brooks Brothers
- JoS A Bank
- The Pitt Shop’s Oakland location
- The Book Center, Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Panthers Team Store
- Days Inn
- Howard Johnson
- Wingate Inn
- Four Points
- The Luxury Collection Hotels and Suites
- St. Regis
- W Hotels
- Westin Hotels and Resorts
- Atlas Van Lines/Weleski Transfer
- Fife Moving/Mayflower Transit
- North American Van Lines-Interstate Moving Only
- United Van Lines
Savings Connection (mysavingsconnection.com) provide you with discounts on more than 200 national brand names for products and services including car rentals, dining, health and beauty, home and garden, travel, entertainment, and sports and recreation.
PITT-JOHNSTOWN CAMPUS DISCOUNTS AND SERVICES
- Alumni Association-sponsored events (excludes fundraising events)
- Pasquerilla Performing Arts Center-sponsored events
- Sports Center athletic events
- Borrowing privileges at the Owen Library (not including electronic resources/full-text resources)
- Use of the RealWorld Career Services Office
- Use of the Zamias Aquatic Center (open swim hours only)
- Pitt-Johnstown Book Center discounts
- Pitt-Johnstown Community Education and Outreach Office discounted courses
Your membership packet will include discount codes and your special username/password to access a special members-only discount web site.