The following guidelines have been established on the basis of past experiences and are designed to help make your special day a complete success:
1) No rice or birdseed may be thrown due to liability. No balloons may be released due to environmental concerns.
2) Pew markers must be either tied on or fastened with rubber bands. Absolutely no pins, tacks, or tape (including florists’ tape) are allowed.3) The Final Information Form must be sent in no later than three weeks before the wedding date.
4) No food or drink is allowed in the Chapel at any time during the rehearsal or wedding. Please note that this includes the use of alcoholic beverages.
5) Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the Chapel.
6) Use candles at your own discretion. If burns or wax appear, Pitt-Johnstown reserves the right to bill for carpet cleaning or repair.
7) Children must be supervised at all times throughout the rehearsal, wedding, and picture taking.
8) Pitt-Johnstown does not supply or rent decorations of any kind.
9) We recommend that specific photographing guidelines be made in consultation with your officiant.
10) Gratuities are unnecessary. Services rendered by the Pitt-Johnstown staff are part of their normal duties as a University employee. A contribution to the Chapel is always welcome and can be made at the discretion of the wedding party.
11) Immediately following the ceremony, all personal property must be removed from the Chapel premises. The University is not responsible for any loss.