University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Pitt-Johnstown Seal

Policies and Procedures

In order to ensure that your event is planned correctly, we ask that the following procedures and criteria be met: 

·      All reservations and plans will be made directly through the Conference Center staff. 

·        Only those couples holding their wedding in Whalley Memorial Chapel will be permitted to hold a wedding reception in the Living/Learning Center.  Exceptions are granted for couples being married in local churches with who they are affiliated. 

·         All food service must be provided by the Conference Center with the exception of the wedding cake, cookies, and alcoholic beverages. 

·        Pitt-Johnstown does not have a liquor license.  We do not have the authorization to sell alcoholic beverages of any kind.  However, we will supply bartenders to serve any alcoholic beverage purchased by the wedding party.  No bulk containers of alcohol are permitted on the Pitt-Johnstown campus.   

Insurance Requirements

Pitt-Johnstown requires that all couples provide liability insurance for wedding receptions.  As a result, the couple must obtain, and provide copies of the policy to the Conference Center, an additionally insurance policy to cover the wedding reception. This coverage can be in one of two forms:

1.) a rider on a current home owners’ insurance policy or

2.) a policy for a one-time event outside of the home in the amount of $250,000. In both cases, Pitt-Johnstown must be listed as “Additionally Insured” on the policy. Evidence of the insurance coverage must be delivered to the Conference Center at least 90 days before the wedding reception.