The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown Alumni Association has welcomed five new members to its board of directors. The new members are:
- Shawn R. Johnson, who received a BA in political science and a BS in civil engineering technology in 2008, is a senior intelligence analyst for Northrop Grumman Corporation, Washington, D.C. Mr. Johnson is also a Sergeant First Class in the Pennsylvania National Guard, having earned the Bronze Star Medal, Purple Heart, Army Commendation Medal for Valor, Army Commendation Medal, Combat Action Badge, and Iraqi Campaign Medal.
- Joyce A. (Reed) Radovanic, who received her BA in English literature in 2005, is director of Conference Services at Pitt-Johnstown.
- Lacey L. Slavich, who received her BA in communication in 2007, is director of communications and outreach services at Windber Research Institute.
- Michelle (Goodman) Stumpf, who received her BA in secondary education-biology in 1994, is director of operations at Unique Venues, Johnstown, Pa. Mrs. Stumpf also earned an MA in student affairs in higher education at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania in 1997.
- Kevin R. Ziance, who received his BA in business economics (accounting) in 1986, is accounting manager at Zamias Services, Inc. Mr. Ziance also earned an MBA at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania in 1995.
Officers for 2009-10 are: Gladys K. Go (’92), president; Jeffrey S. Philibin (’88), vice president; Jeanne M. Feathers (’87), secretary; and Melissa A. Bunk (’92).
The Pitt-Johnstown Alumni Association was founded in 1973, and represents the school’s more than 18,000 alumni. The Association also provides support to a variety of programs and activities at Pitt-Johnstown, and awards an annual scholarship.