RealWorld Interest Groups are an initiative designed specifically for residential students. First-Year students with shared interests are housed together in the First-Year Residence Halls.
Choosing to live within a RealWorld Interest Group provides the opportunity for:
- FRIENDSHIP AND FELLOWSHIP - Students have the opportunity to become more engaged in the campus community.
- CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL PLANNING - Students are connected with events, both on and off campus, that address issues related to their shared interest.
- MENTORING - Students form relationships that facilitate a successful transition from the high school setting to the University community.
- CONNECTION - Students form connections with like-minded students, faculty, staff, and alumni who share interests.
- TEAM BUILDING - Students enjoy an enhanced level of social interaction and enlightenment with like-minded individuals.
RealWorld Interest Groups provide an opportunity to create connections and explore the four levels of engagement that are core components of the RealWorld Action Program.
Interest Group Opportunities
A student may choose to join any of the following RealWorld Interest Groups. Click on any title below for more information about that speciic Inerest Group.
How to Join
First-Year students will have the opportunity, through the Online Housing Application, to identify a RealWorld Interest Group that they wish to join.
Based upon which group is identified, the Office of Housing and Residence Life will assign students to each specific group.
Pitt Johnstown RealWorld Action Program
The Pitt-Johnstown RealWorld Action Program empowers students to develop a customized personal and professional
action plan to achieve their individual goals and to develop as agents of positive change in our communities and our world.
Throughout, the program reinforces, recognizes and affirms efforts to develop habits of leadership, involvement, service and teamwork while acting locally or globally to improve our communities.