| || |
PITT-Johnstown Global Health Forum
US Health Reform and Health Promotion:
An International Perspective
Tuesday, February 24
Pitt-Johnstown Living Learning Center
Admission is Free
Join us for a rare opportunity to engage international health care experts on important issues including disease prevention, health reform, and health promotion. Find out what we, in the United States, can learn from each other and our panel of international experts to improve the state of health care in our community and in our country. Concerned members of our community are encouraged to attend.
7:15 PM: Welcome by Pitt-Johnstown President Jem Spectar.
Hanne Tønnesen, Professor, MD, DMSc
- CEO of International Network of Health Promoting Hospitals & Health Services (HPH) Secretariat, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Head of Research, WHO Collaborating Centre; Copenhagen, Denmark
Tim Neumann, MD, DMSc,
- Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Universitatsmedizin (Campus Virchow-Klinikum and Campus Charité Mitte Charité ); Berlin, Germany.
Shu-Ti Chiou, MD, MSc, PhD
- Head of Board, Taiwan HPH Network
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Public Health at National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan.
Jesper Krogh, MD
- Research Assistant, Psychiatric Department, Bispebjerg University Hospital; Copenhagen, Denmark.
Matthew G. Masiello, MD, MPH
- Coordinator, HPH Network of Pennsylvania
- US Coordinator, WHO Winter School 2009
- Director, the Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Windber Research Institute
Presented by the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
as part of the GLOCAL Society Series,
in partnership with:
Windber Research Institute
International Network of Health Promoting Hospitals and Health Services (HPH)
World Health Organization (WHO) Winter School 2009
Additional information on the GLOCAL Society Series is available at www.upj.pitt.edu/20395