Federal Work Study
- You must show financial “need” in order to qualify for the program. Financial need is determined by completing the FAFSA.
- You are paid $7.25 an hour and work 10 hours a week during the Fall and Spring terms. Your schedule is flexible which allows you to work around your classes.
- You may apply for Federal Work Study by completing the FAFSA before the April 1 deadline and indicating on the FAFSA that you would be interested in work-study.
- Eligible students must contact the department or supervisor listed on the job descriptions in order to secure a position.
- Academic year (Fall/Spring) work study positions will be made available for viewing on July 15th.
- You are not guaranteed a position, and all jobs are filled on a first come first serve basis.
- Full-time and part-time positions are available during the summer.
Required Employment Paperwork
The following forms must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office before the student begins working to ensure that the student hired is active on the University Payroll System. Original documents must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
* Pitt-Johnstown Employment Data Sheet
* W-4 Form
* I-9 Form with appropriate documentation
* Original signed Social Security Card
* Photo Identification
* Signed Employment Agreement
* Pennsylvania Worker’s Compensation Act Employment Acknowledgment
- You do not need to complete a FAFSA in order to be considered for campus employment.
- Individual departments pay for your wages out of their operating budget; therefore, the number of hours and the wage rate is determined by each individual department that is hiring students.
- Most of the campus employment positions are posted by the individual departments.
Job Opening Inquiries
- Performing Arts Center – 814-269-7200.
- Conference Center – Living Learning Center – 814-269-1900.
- Aquatic Center – lifeguard positions. Note: you must be currently certified, preferably in Red Cross Lifeguarding, which includes CPR and first aid. Contact Jamie Hedrick, 814-269-2006.
- Academic Success Center – G-16 Owen Library – Tutoring Positions-must have a 3.0 GPA – 814-269-7998.
- Wellness Center – Office of Student Life, contact Chris Glova at 814-269-7062, 142 Student Union.
- SODEXO Food Services positions – Student Union Lower Level, to the left of the campus mailboxes, contact Dodi Baumgardner, 814-269-2010.