Our goal in Housing and Residence Life is to create a living and learning experience that students will come to consider their true home away from home. There are many benefits to becoming a member of our residential community. Living on campus offers convenience, opportunities to develop life-long friendships, and an environment that fosters educational and personal growth.
National educational research shows that living on campus contributes to overall educational satisfaction and success in college. Specifically, students who choose to live on campus are more likely to:
- Complete college
- Complete their degree in four years
- Be involved in academic and non-academic campus activities.
- Be satisfied with their overall college experience.
- Develop out-of-class relationships with faculty members.
- Achieve a higher GPA due to an increased connection with faculty members.
Furthermore, studies show that living on campus:
- Impacts the development of interpersonal skills.
- Increases students’ support for interacting with different racial and cultural groups.
- Has a positive effect on the development of leadership abilities.
- Has a positive effect on students’ process of self-discovery and personal development.
- Increases opportunities to participate in experiences that directly enhance the development of personal decision-making skills.
Our belief, supported by the research cited above, is that living on campus is a valuable part of one’s overall educational experience. Our hope is that you share this belief; and as such, will join our world-class community of scholars as a resident student.