The entire Johnstown community is invited to participate in the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown’s 2008 Homecoming celebration, scheduled for Friday, September 26 and Saturday, September 27. This year’s Homecoming theme is “Great American Movies.”
Special events include:
Wednesday, September 24:
• The Greater Johnstown community is invited to the Pitt-nic in the Park (Central Park), Downtown, Johnstown, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Free hot dogs, refreshments, entertainment, and prizes.
Friday, September 26:
• Stop by the Campus Mall and enjoy warm cider and hot chocolate around the Mountain Cat while watching the fireworks at 8 p.m.
Saturday, September 27: Homecoming Day.
• Homecoming Parade at noon. The parade, featuring floats and Homecoming queen candidates, will form at the Living/Learning Center and proceed to the Sports Center.
• Mountain Cat Wing Fest at 1 p.m., Campus Mall. A variety of wings, a nacho bar, and the Alumni Association’s make-your-own sundae bar.
• Pitt-Johnstown Outback Walking Tour at 3 p.m., begins at the Mountain Cat. Hosted by George Hancock (’75). Come and explore the often-unseen portion of our campus on the 90-minute hiking adventure. Sponsored by the Pitt-Johnstown Alumni Association
• A Soul Food Fest at 4 p.m. in the Student Union Cambria Room. Sponsored by the Black Action Society.
• The Clarks Concert with special guest the Chris Higbee Project. Local fan favorite, The Clarks, will rock the Sports Center at 8 p.m. With more than 250,000 CD’s, an appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman, live shows are where The Clarks truly shine. The Clarks are one of the best-kept secrets in rock and roll. The general public may purchase tickets in advance for $12 at the Student Union Information Desk, The Music Haven, Scalp Ave., Johnstown, or George’s Song Shop, Market St., Johnstown. Sponsored by the Student Programming Board.
For additional information on Homecoming Weekend 2008, visit www.upj.pitt.edu/Homecoming
Founded in 1927, Pitt-Johnstown is the first and largest regional campus of the University of Pittsburgh. A vital knowledge center and a foremost contributor to the area’s educational, social, cultural, and economic environment, Pitt-Johnstown offers a high quality educational experience that is purposefully designed to prepare students for the real world of the 21st century.