Due to the popularity of hunting in the Johnstown area, various club activities, and other lawful purposes, arrangements have been made for storage of firearms/weapons in the Campus Police Office. Any student desiring this service can make appropriate arrangements by contacting Campus Police. (Note: The storage of firearms/weapons with Campus Police is a service and privilege. Failure to return them to Campus Police immediately upon return to campus will result in revocation of this privilege.) In addition, game animals killed while on hunting trips may not be brought back to campus.
Firing a weapon or igniting dangerous explosives on campus will result in the following:
1. Charges will be filed through the University Student Judicial System.
2. Criminal charges will be filed through the Campus Police with the local magistrate.
3. An interim suspension of student status, pending a hearing, may be involved.
1. Student must provide a State Police background clearance form;
2. If the weapon can be carried as a concealed weapon, the student must possess a valid carry permit;
3. Student agrees that the weapon will be removed from campus immediately upon check-out and returned promptly upon the students return to campus;
4. At all times, while on campus, the weapon shall remain unloaded and locked with an appropriate locking device. Ammunition shall be transported in a separate container than the weapon;
5. A receipt shall be given to the student;
6. Student will comply with all state and federal weapons laws;
7. Record of the storage will be destroyed when the student is no longer enrolled at the University.