THE 2014-2015 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
If you are an incoming freshman or a new student to Pitt-Johnstown, please do not use this scholarship application, as the Admissions Office will determine your eligiblity for institutional scholarships.
PROCESS FOR CONTINUING STUDENTS
Each year, the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown’s Financial Aid Office awards numerous gift and endowed (G&E) scholarships, made available by the generosity of many individuals, clubs, organizations, industries, businesses and foundations, to deserving students. We thank these donors for their kind support!
The selection of scholarship recipients is based upon the specific criteria defined by the donor. A student’s academic performance and financial need may also be considered when deciding upon qualified candidates. Most G&E scholarships are geared toward continuing students, and Pitt-Johnstown requires that you complete a scholarship application for consideration. Completing the scholarship application does not guarantee that you will be selected as a recipient; however, by completing the scholarship application, you will be automatically considered for each scholarship that Pitt-Johnstown has to offer.
For consideration, you must:
• Complete the scholarship application by April 15.
• Be enrolled for at least 6 credits in a degree-seeking program at Pitt-Johnstown.
• Have successfully completed 12 credits as a degree-seeking student at Pitt-Johnstown.
• Have earned a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1 to be considered for need-based scholarships.
• Be registered for the upcoming Fall term by May 15.
• Comply with Pitt-Johnstown's satisfactory academic progress standards for financial aid.
• Not be in default on an educational loan or not owe repayment on a federal grant.
• Not have earned a Bachelor’s Degree.
• The Financial Aid Office will notify you if you are awarded a scholarship via your official award letter (mailed to your home address during the summer) and will provide information regarding the scholarship and the availability of renewal to you.
• If you receive a G&E scholarship, you are expected to write a “thank-you” note to the donor. The Office of Institutional Advancement will contact you regarding this requirement.
• Scholarship awards are generally made for the entire academic year and will be disbursed in two equal installments directly to the student’s bill each term; however, an exception exists. Students who are December graduates may receive the entire annual award during the fall term upon discretion of the Financial Aid Administrator.
• Students who are participating in study abroad may continue to receive their scholarship during that term as long as they are enrolled in a Pitt-approved program.
• Students who are participating in the work portion of their co-op programs are ineligible to receive their G&E scholarship during these terms.
• Limited G&E funds are available to full scholarship recipients. Scholarship awards may be adjusted if we determine you are the recipient of a full tuition scholarship or tuition remission.
• Any student who receives scholarship and/or grant awards that total more than Pitt-Johnstown’s annual cost of attendance, as defined by the Financial Aid Office, will have one or more awards reduced or canceled.
• The Financial Aid Office (FAO) awards G&E scholarships based upon the information available at the time of the award, including intended major or cumulative GPA, as well as any other possible variables. In the event that this information is inaccurate or changes, the FAO has the right to reduce, change, or cancel the award.