The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown Bookstore will, when appropriate, accept books
for a refund. To receive a full refund, the following conditions must be observed:
1. You drop a course or withdraw from school.
2. You must present your cash register receipt and processed proof of
withdrawal from the Registrar's Office. Credit Card must be present for any returns or
adjustments made on a credit card purchase.
3. Returns are allowed for only a specified length of time at the beginning
of each term (generally 10 days for Fall and Spring terms and 5 for Summer).
4. Books must be absolutely free of all markings.
5. All materials must be included on returns of pre-packaged textbooks (i.e. pamphlets,
unopened software and CD's, manuals, internet access cards, codes or subscriptions, etc.).
6. We are the sole judge in determining whether textbooks are in returnable condition.
7. Defective books will be replaced at no charge and should be returned at once.
8. Non required books and supplies are not returnable.
|The reason for this textbook returns policy is because the Bookstore must work within |
the guidelines set by its suppliers involving reorder procedures and out-of-stock situations.
If you think you can get a book from another source, we strongly advise you to
check this BEFORE you buy the book from the Bookstore.
We can only give a refund on a book if the course is dropped by you or the University.
We also strongly recommend that you keep all of the receipts for your books until the end of each semester.
Returns Policy for General Merchandise
1. All returns must be accompanied by the receipt.
2. Refunds can only be processed in the payment method of the original purchase. When returning items purchased with a credit or debit card, the card must be present to issue the refund.
3. Merchandise must be unopened and in the original purchase condition. Apparel must be unworn and tags must be on the item.
4. Returns must be made within 60 days from the date of purchase on clothing and 30 days on all other merchandise.
5. Defective items must be returned immediately.
6. No returns are allowed on special order merchandise.
7. No returns are allowed on Convenience Store merchandise.