Applications available November 1, 2013.
NOTE: Applications received after December 18, 2013 will not be processed until January 2, 2014 due to the closure of the University for Winter Break.
The following applies to current commuter students, transferring students, relocating students, and new First-Year students.
We appreciate your interest in becoming a member of our residential community here at Pitt-Johnstown. Know that we will make every effort to provide you with appropriate on-campus accommodations. However, please be aware that our ability to provide you on-campus housing is dependent upon the number of viable bed spaces that have become available over the course of the Fall Term, and will continue to become available over the course of our upcoming break period. As such, we cannot guarantee you a housing assignment for the Spring Term.
Along similar lines, while you may have a specific roommate and/or residential community in which you would prefer to live, as placement is again dependent on available bed spaces, we cannot guarantee placement with your preferred roommate or within the community you may ultimately prefer. Again, every effort will be made to provide appropriate on-campus accommodations, but we can neither guarantee a housing assignment nor preferred placement.
With this knowledge, if still interested in being assigned to on-campus housing, we ask that you follow the process outlined below in order to successfully apply for on-campus housing accommodations. Should you have any questions and/or concerns during any aspect of the process, do not hesitate to contact us .
Housing Application Process
Please read all of the information below before beginning the process.
RMS StudentWeb is the online housing system, accessible through my.pitt.edu
Log into the My.Pitt.Edu by visiting my.pitt.edu
(For best results, use Internet Explorer.)
Please Note the Following Recommended System Requirements:
i. If you are using a personal computer, the recommended browser is Internet Explorer. Google Chrome, Mozilla, and Firefox web browsers are not capable browsers for this process.
ii. This site uses pop-ups. Before logging in, please configure your browser or pop-up blocker software to allow for pop-ups from this specific site. Add *.pitt.edu to your Pop-up Blocker settings
2. After logging in successfully, click on MY RESOURCES and choose HOUSING E-SERVICES.
3. Once at the Housing E-Services community, click on UPJ HOUSING ONLINE SERVICES (STUDENTWEB).
4. Housing Deposit - Payment of your $150 Housing Deposit is required at this time. You will be redirected to Pitt-Pay at this time to submit your deposit. Do not pay your deposit by going directly to PITT-Pay. Use the housing online services link to access the online payment option. You may pay via credit card or e-check according to the Pitt-Pay service options. If you have questions or concerns about this step, please contact Housing and Residence Life.
Once you have successfully paid the deposit, you must click the APPLY PAYMENT button to be redirected back to the Housing Contract. If you simply close the window, the housing system will not be updated correctly.
PLEASE ONLY PAY THE DEPOSIT ONCE. IF YOU ARE PROMPTED TO PAY THE DEPOSIT A SECOND TIME, PLEASE CONTACT HOUSING AND RESIDENCE LIFE.
You may also pay your housing deposit in person or over the phone with the Pitt-Johnstown Business Office . The Business Office is located in 125 Blackington Hall. The Business Office Phone number is 814-269-7040. Deposits paid at the Business Office will not update to the Housing system immediately. The student will need to wait one business day to proceed with the following steps. Students who pay through the Business Office will be directed to the Housing Contract after clicking HOUSING ONLINE SERVICES in step 3 above.
If you are over 18, you will proceed to an online version of steps 5 and 6.
If you are under 18, you will be directed to print out documents for steps 5 and 6. You will need to send those documents to Housing and Residence Life. Once we have updated your StudentWeb account, we will notify you via email and you can continue to step 7
5. Housing Contract - Read and agree to the terms and conditions for the Housing/Dining Services contract.
6. Meningitis Question – Each student will need to indicate whether they have received the meningitis vaccine. PA law requires all students to either receive a vaccine or seek exemption from the vaccine. Answering this question fulfills the exemption for this requirement.
7. Complete the online application by clicking the Housing Application menu option, then the Submit a Housing Application option. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete.
a. You may return at a later date to edit your preferences by clicking the appropriate option in the Housing Application menu (only available after you have submitted an application).
8. Your application is not complete until you receive a confirmation message that your application has been accepted. You can check to make sure the application was received by clicking the Review Application option. If successful, you should see an Application Received date.
Housing Assignment Notification
Once your application has bee submitted, we will mail an assignment to you as soon as one becomes available. However, please do not expect notification of an assignment any sooner than the week of December 15 - 20, 2013.
If we are unable to assign you by Monday, January 6, 2014, the first day of Spring Term classes, we will refund your $150 housing deposit.